Guidewire, the dominant provider of policy & claims administration platforms to the global insurance industry’s Tier 1 players, was exploring new, digital-first, cloud-hosted models for the provision of an insurance-in-a-box model for its customers. Given Guidewire’s market share in the space, this would be a groundbreaking offering, but it would depend heavily on a number of factors:
- highly-effective set of digital customer journeys
- strong digital customisation options for Guidewire customers
- easy implementation path to enable test & learn, rather than via monolithic delivery programme
Getting these right first time, would be critical.
Ninety has worked with a number of major insurance platform providers, and was asked to bring the digital and customer understanding to the initiative, as well as to provide best-practice UX templates for all key customer journeys for auto / motor insurance in the USA.
Working across California, New York, Dublin and London, and running usability labs and research in New York, our team built out a complete pack of advice, evidence and usable assets to facilitate Guidewire’s prototyping of their cloud-based service. Some of our key deliverables included:
- Customer personas (USA-based auto / motor insurance customers)
- Customer lifecycle map, attitudinal breakdown, channel interactions
- Digital touchpoint map and flows
- Product homepages and landing page optimisations for Guidewire customer implementations
- Quote & buy best-practice templates and prototypes to serve as baselines for Guidewire customer implementations
- Account management / policy administration templates and prototypes to serve as out-of-the-box journeys
- KPI dashboards
Throughout, we worked in our standard, iterative “Change Different” approach, learning quickly from real hands-on customer feedback, failing weak hypotheses quickly, and developing strong ideas fast.
Within a 12-week period, we gave Guidewire a ready-to-go launch pack, including researched user-centric design outputs and templates for out-of-the-box implementation with new customers (product pages, landing pages, quote & buy pages, and policy administration / account management screens). Beyond that, we gave them a strong, single view of the North American auto insurance customer, their lifecycle, touchpoints and digital ambitions. Guidewire continue development of their ambitions in this space.