Atrium Case Study – concept testing & training
- Idea validation – Atrium had been exploring an idea for a number of months without feeling like they were in a position to decide if it was worth moving forward with or not. They wanted to know that they had thoroughly explored the concept, taking into account the right considerations, in order to make an informed decision whether to progress the idea or ‘fail it fast’.
- Upskilling – the Atrium innovation group wanted to experience a dedicated innovation training program.
- Culture – through the other activities, Atrium wished to spread a culture of innovation more broadly across the company.
- Ninety conducted initial customer interviews to understand the desirability of the concept that Atrium was exploring.
- Our team then ran a Stage 1 workshop with stakeholders from across Atrium to test the concept, considering the idea’s desirability, feasibility and viability.
- Ninety completed 2 half-day micro-training modules on specific topics to enable the Atrium team to most effectively analyze the business idea they were considering.
- The Ninety team then led a 2-day Insurance Innovation Bootcamp on innovation to upskill the Atrium innovation group.
The engagement was a great success. Within just one day, Atrium was able to fully assess the concept that they had been deliberating over for a number of months.
The day was fast-paced, analytical and provided strong outcomes. The company used these to fast-fail the idea as it wasn’t going to be commercially viable. The micro-training sessions ahead of this day had built a great team spirit, getting everyone on the same page and ready to tackle the problem in hand in a focused manner.
The 2-day Insurance Innovation Bootcamp led to increased knowledge and excitement around innovation for the group involved. The team was left with actionable outcomes and tools for them to apply to their work-life, as well as a desire for further sessions to spread the skills & mindset across Atrium.
“Ninety’s program was hugely beneficial. We’ve fast-failed a product idea that would have taken us much longer to work through, we’re armed with some new innovation tools and techniques to try within our innovation group and the wider business and our colleagues enjoyed some fun and dynamic training sessions.”
Simon Lewis, Underwriter at Atrium
“That was the most educational day of the last ten years of my career. Having the customers here was game-changing .”
Peter Laidlaw, Underwriter at Atrium