Following our work with Generali in 2019, where we helped them develop a group innovation strategy, and several key innovation components such as their group innovation fund, Ninety were engaged by the Generali Innovation Team to help deliver a 3-tiered innovation training program across the globe.
What we have designed and delivered is a tailored and comprehensive programme for innovation leaders across more than 15 countries, as well as serving as subject matter experts for a basic and intermediate course for everyday innovators.
Outlined here on the right is an overview of how we’ve tackled the challenge of upskilling such a large and diverse number of candidates, in a way that has created real impact.
We developed a tailored ‘champions’ course based on Ninety’s proprietary insurance innovation methodology, mindset and tools for those already leading innovation activity across the group.
- 100 Champions were trained in 2021, across 10 cohorts from different regions and countries, and from across different business units and functions.
- As a result, new ideas have been submitted to the innovation fund, which is leading to an improved quality of ideas being received and active engagement in developing ideas out.
- In addition, ‘champions’ have developed in-country innovation programs or initiatives. Examples of these include defining problem statements for a new line of business; creating a customer loyalty program; testing a financial management solution using agile sprints.
- Generali now sees the Champions programme as a fundamental part of their innovation strategy, as it continues to be executed globally alongside the fund and with further cohorts in 2022.
- Ninety has an ongoing relationship with the growing community, running monthly Champions calls where the group undergoes further training and shares learnings and best practices.
“Ninety’s training has been a game changer for us, in developing a culture of innovation, and helping us realize our vision of delivering innovation, everywhere for everyone”
Group Innovation Leader, Generali